So far nap times have required a of patience and there are times when we fall asleep before he does! Still, we are persevering in trying to get Ethan into a morning and afternoon nap routine, as it is likely to get harder the older and more active he gets.
- a bottle of warm milk seems to calm him while helping him feel full and comfortable
- his nappy blanket which he likes for us to 'tuck, tuck, tuck' him into
- a calming song (sometimes he sings along!)
- his pacifier (although we try to use it as a last resort)
- a quiet and boring environment (so there is less incentive to stay awake)
Do share any sleep tips that have worked for you -- we would love to hear your suggestions!
He's just fallen asleep behind me about 1 hour after I first put him down -- Peace on Earth at last!!